Sunday, August 31, 2008

GO UTES!!!

The "Big House" getting bigger.
"Do I have to work today"
Action shot by Kaden


Kaden and the (UTE) Faithful
Kaden, Me, and Joe




Thats not a misprint- 108,421 fans at the game

The " Blue" trying to convert Joe!





GO UTES!!!!






Kaden and I just got back from Michigan and had an awesome time. The Big House is amazing! The people there were really cool too( they may have been humbled a little bit).The Utes played great in the first half, but nearly gave it away in the second. Lindsey called me when the score was still 25-10 and asked why it was so quiet. I don't think 108,421 fans expected the UTES to be that good, so they were pretty mute. Minus the 2,000 plus U fans you probably could have heard a pin drop. Joe (my bro-in-law) said it was kind of eary having so many people in one place, so quiet. In a weird way I was glad to see Michigan come back. I wanted to witness big time College Football and I got just that! When they scored (to cut down the lead to 25-17) the place erupted and then got even louder when the lead was cut to 2 points. My ears were ringing! Every one was on their feet the entire 4Th quarter. Awesome!!

We arrived in Detroit around 6:30pm Friday night, so we(Me, Kaden, and a friend from work)decided to go to the Detroit Tigers game. Jerry(from Work) was really nervous about going downtown because Detroit has such a high crime rate. We got some bad directions and found ourselves driving in real "ghetto" areas. I was beginning to have second thoughts. But being so close to a Professional Baseball game and fearing I might let Kaden down if we didn't go, we "pressed" on. I told Kaden not to be scared and if I hollered, "Duck!" that he should really duck (I don't think that comforted him).

We finally arrived(safely) and had a great time. I didn't realize how cool those ballparks really are. They won and now Kaden is a devote Tigers fan(At least until we go to another park). People in "Motown" sure like the adult beverage, I think we were the minority because we were probably the only ones not drinking. So for safety sake we left at the top of the 9th inning so we could beat the traffic and riots(Ha, Ha).

That night set the mood for Kaden. I think he was really scared. Jerry called his Dad(who lives outside of Detroit) and told him we went to the game. He replied by saying," We don't go there (Downtown)anymore because people die!"I didn't think it was that bad.

When we got to the football game Kaden said he wanted to get a Michigan shirt. I thought that was kind of wierd because he loves the Utes so much. But I got him one anyway. Then he started singing the fight song for Michigan with all the other "Blue" fans. I turned to Joe and said ," This just isn't right". But after awhile Kaden came to his senses and took off the "Blue" and showed his true colors. I then realized that he was just trying to protect himself by blending in. Smart kid!! The fans around us were awesome and very respectful (only a few polygamist jokes).

We saw two LDS Missionaries at the game and thought it was cool to see some (Ute)Faithful Elders with red ties on. Kaden shook their hands and posed for a picture.
I have rambled on enough with my first 'official' blog entry, so I will stop boring our faithful readers. Enjoy the pics if you're a Ute fan.













































5 comments:

Kelly said...

Great blog Kelly I'm happy you had a fun time. Maybe I can go with you next time.
Love Lindsey XoXoXo

Lance and Christa said...

Kelly, it looks like the Utes are going to have a good year. I have to admit that beating Michigan at the Big House is slightly (insert sarcastic intonation) more impressive than whipping on Northern Iowa at LES. It'll be fun if BYU and Utah can face off for a BCS game at Rice-Eccles this year. Of course, BYU will win on a dramatic play at the end of the game! Ha Ha!

Lance

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

I'm glad you guys made it home ok and had a lot of fun. I think parking on the bottom level will be your thing from now on. Also I can't write anymore cause I HAVE TO GO TO THE BATHROOM. (HAHAHHAH)

Love Ya,
Wende

Janelle said...

Well now, you've been a busy blogger. Love the background! And the tunes.. there's some good ones on there.

So what an adventure you two went on. I'm glad you were there to witness a good beatin' of a good team. I'm sure their fans were just stunned being the opener and all. Way to go Utes! I hope the rest of the season isn't a disappointment.

MicknRindy said...

Kelly, that must have been an awesome trip. Granted, the Ute's will go on to lose to an unknown, unranked team from Nevada, but at least they won one in the big house. Hope all is well down South.. -Rick