Kelly was outside one sunny hot afternoon working on the truck, and Ron, a friend of ours was driving by and stopped...
Ron: "Hey, Kelly why is Kaden not playing FOOTBALL this year?"
Kelly: " Linds and I decided that Kaden should focus on school this year."
Ron: " Our team only has 11 boys . And the coach doesn't know how to coach.
Their is still time to sign Kaden up and you could help coach."
I can just imagine the thoughts that went through Kelly's head.
Kelly's Head: Football, Football, I got to have my Football. How do I get Linds to let US(Kelly and Kaden) play football. Think ,Think ,Think.
Kelly: " Well I need to talk to Linds and see what she wants to do"
So now Kaden is playing Football and everyone is happy. I guess you can't take football away from a man. All men will find a way to watch it, play it or read about it. I don't mind football, it is great for teaching young boys team work, discipline, and sportsmanship. It might stop them from getting in trouble. I can only take so much. Practice Mon, Wed, Thur,Friday Night High School Football, Saturday college and little league games, Sunday Night Football, and of course Monday Night Football. Then he has to read about what he has already seen the next day. Good thing it not a Olympic Sport.
I do have fun watching Kaden play. I Remember when he played 2 years ago. My Mom and Dad would come see Kaden play. The whole family would come and have a good time every Saturday morning, sitting on the side lines. Kennedi and Kayla would be in little cheer leading uniform. They were so cute. I would cheer and people would look at me like I was crazy, probably because was cheering at the wrong time. Maybe that is why I don't like football I just don't understand what is going on. I will miss seeing my Dad there cheering for Kaden. (I missed him at the baseball games this year.)
Two years ago Kelly and I made a compromise. He would buy season tickets to U Of U football and I would get tickets to the theater. This year I will have to think of another compromise.
Kelly and Kaden are going to the Michigan and Utah game in Michigan. They might even get to see a Pro baseball game. What a nice "little" trip for the both of them.
I'm not complaining or anything.... All is good when it is Football Season LOL
Labor Day, Soccer, & Daddy-Daughter Date
12 years ago
7 comments:
Seems like you have a wonderful husband.I know I have a wonderful wife! Love your wonderful husband.
GO UTES!!!
oh boy! Football is major over at your house. Good thing it's a shorter sport,,, sept-Jan. But college only goes to end of Nov. so that works too. I used to love football, remember that one? it's fun when you actually know the players too. I really like basketball though,, that's my sport. So good for you Lindsey for being a good wifey and mommy and letting your 'boys' go out and play. I think you should tell Kelly to let you have a fun weekend or something in Vegas and go shop at Caesar's palace and eat at cheesecake factory, and go to a concert,,, like Bette Midler or some other chic. What do ya think??? p.s. Great post... it was a long one
Tell me about it, Bjay eats, drinks and sleeps football. In the "off" season, he is online everyday reading about what is to come. He has to watch every game, and can't wait to get the NFL ticket on cable just so he will never miss a game. EEKS. I don't "mind" it... but like you I don't understand it and after one game I am done watching. Too long for me. I don't think Peyton will have much of a choice, lol!
We went to a Denver Bronco's game a few years ago and actually had a blast!
Football- too long of a sport. Actually I think most professional sports are too long. I think that two hours is plenty of time to see who the best team is. Not to mention all the pre game stuff, post game stuff, sports shows on the radio,TV, internet and fantasy football. Football or other sports not my favorite thing. Fun to play but too long to watch. Even marathons too long to watch. "Hey, who wants to come watch me run for 4 hours." I bet I'll love it once Cree starts to play, I'll still think it's too much time though!
Hi Lindsey,
How’s St.George? From the looks of your Blog, you’re all good, except you have to deal with football 24/7… sorry chicka! I only like to watch LIVE games, if Zay ever plays; maybe I’ll get more ‘into it’, who knows.
Anyhow, it’s good to hear from you!! Your family’s gorgeous as always! Love, Brandi
PS You know my Blog right? If not, email me and I send it to ya. I haven’t updated in a long time, but I am determined to get to it…. =0)
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the email that told me about your blog. It was the first that I knew about it. Great Blog! Somehow suddenly you are not so far away from us. Great photos! I am happy to hear that Kaden is going to play that manly sport of football I know he has a great coach!
Good luck in all you do and may God Bless you and your beautiful family!
Love, Uncle Randy
Linds
It does sound like you have a wonderful husband. That was funny. We love you guys. Well when your talented what can ya do? sorry about football. What else would you do with all your free time? Maybe have more twilight weekends. That was so fun. I loved it. Thanks for putting the pic of me w/the apple in my mouth... I look so Hot!!! LOL
We love you guys.
The Tatertots
Post a Comment