Thursday, May 1, 2008

Back Yard Killing

We had a bird lay her eggs in our back yard. We loved the idea that we would have baby birds. Kelly and I told the kids to be careful around the eggs and to not touch them. Also to not bother the bird all that good stuff. So for about 2 weeks we were very careful with the nest. Yesterday Kennedi had friends come over and play in the back yard. I was in the office doing mom things (Playing on the computer). When Kennedi comes and tells me that her boy friend is holding the mom bird. I got up and went out side and their is the nest and the eggs on the patio. The boy had got the eggs from the nest and smashed them. I was so mad I told the little boy that he had just killed the baby birds. I don't think I should have used such a strong word as killed. He told me that the wind pushed the eggs off the fence. I looked around and asked how the wind pushed then so far a way from the nest? I got no answer. He just got up and took the bird and put her in some bushes about 20 feet a way from the house. I asked Kennedi to come in for dinner and told her friends to go home. I was so mad at the little boy for killing my baby birds. But then I thought that if Kaden was that age, he probably would have done the same thing. Boys will be boys. But I was still very mad. His mom need to teach him the vaue of life and to respect it. I probably should have been in the back yard with them.

3 comments:

Jen said...

sorry, lindsey... You must be traumatized....

Kerryne said...

Oh man... that is not good! Poor little birdies! Hopefully that little boy learned a lesson on life from you! How are you liking St. George???

Janelle said...

That is a wretched experience. When you work so hard to preserve something, especially life, and it is squandered away by some punk...... he best not be coming around your parts anymore eh?